|Japanese||黒咲 芽亜 (メア)|
|Hair Color||Red with long braid|
|Eye Color||Dark Blue|
|Education||Currently attending Sainan High|
|Relatives||Golden Darkness (Older Sister)|
Tearju Lunatique (Creator/ Older sister)
|Unusual Features||- Body Transformation|
- Loves sweets
- Enjoys being licked
|Manga Debut||Darkness Chapter 1|
|Anime Debut||Darkness Episode 1|
Mea Kurosaki is a character from To-Love-Ru Darkness. She is sent to Earth to bring back the "old" Golden Darkness. It is revealed that she is Yami's younger sister as she was created by the same organization and from the same project (Project Eve) as her. At first she is found alone staring out the window until she meets Nana and becomes friends with her. She now views others as friends. It appears that she has sexual, though not necessarily emotional, feelings towards Rito, although she tends to use them in a playful, teasing way around him.
Before coming to Earth, she was known as Red-Haired Mea (赤毛のメア, Akage no Mea).
Mea has violet/blue colored eyes and red hair with a really long braid. The upper part of her hair resembles Yami and Tearju's hairstyle. She also has a violet colored hair clip with an indigo colored cross on it and hair coming below it that's similar (yet smaller) to her braid. She's also seen letting her hair untied, mostly when taking a bath and when in combat. Sometimes she wears black Gothic clothing (which she calls it her true form) that's similar to what Yami usually wears but it's a lot more revealing, instead of a skirt she wears shorts and her top has a hood on it, also with a star shaped gap symbol on the chest part. This symbol also appears on Yami's and Nemesis' clothing. She doesn't wear any undergarment under her battle outfit. Her 3-sizes are B75-W52-H77.
Mea has a laid-back, mischievous and childish personality, bordering on the psychotic side sometimes. She is rarely not smiling, particularly in combat, acts friendly to friend and foe alike, and often says "wonderful" if something unfortunately perverted happens. Mea has a sweet tooth and likes anything sweet, preferring to put so many sugar cubes in her tea that they pile out the top of the cup. She seems to enjoy messing with and teasing people, particularly in regards to Rito and all the girls that have feelings for him.
For example she has made more than one reference to him having licked her body or her desire for him to do so, though she makes this out as a joke. However it has been discovered by Oshizu (during her possession of Mea) that this desire is in fact completely genuine. It was also discovered by Oshizu that within Mea's mind is a darkness so deep that it almost consumed her and revealing a dark and scary side to her that has left her highly mistrustful of Mea ever since.
Mea is very loyal to Nemesis and follows her teachings about being a weapon and gets mad at anyone if they disrespect Nemesis in any way. However, there are those like Rito and Tearju who try to convince her otherwise. This seems to work as she seems to begin to care and consider others as friends and show sympathy towards "weaker" beings.
Mea doesn't show any kind of embarrassment or shame, not even when her clothes got ripped off. She instead prefers to get caught in awkward and/or sexual experiences, showing a sadomasochistic side.
Oddly, Mea's personality is practically the opposite of her sister Yami. She always seems kind and sweet around others, but has a sadistic side which she rarely shows, while Yami appears cold and emotionless around others, but has a nicer side that is rarely shown. Mea is fond of anything ecchi while Yami detests it, as can be seen in her fetish for being licked. The one thing the two do share is the ability to get overwhelmed by their powers; Mea, whenever taking apart in something as miniscule as cutting food, can enter a state of euphoria that forces her to continue cutting all things around her with glee, much like how Yami's anger towards ecchi keeps her from rationalizing between life and death.
Through what Mea remembers, she is practically what's left of the Eden organization that created both her and Yami after it was destroyed. Awakening from a destroyed life pod, the first thing she sees is destruction everywhere. After wandering around for a moment, she came across Nemesis, who took her in, trained her, and taught her that the existence of a transformation weapon is only for killing. She also told her about her older sister Yami, whom Mea wanted to find by asking other criminals in space, which she managed to. Before she came to Earth, she made a living on bounty hunting.
Mea enrolled into Sainan High in order to get acquainted with Yami, a month before Momo and Nana did so. She did not make friends with anyone (and possibly didn't even talk to anyone) until she met Nana.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Transformation Ability: As a second generation transformation weapon, Mea has transformation abilities similar to Yami because of the nano-machines in her body, except she is able to create more advanced machine/energy-based equipments, which Yami is unable to create. Most of them are transformed from her hair. She has been shown to create non-weapon objects like a puppet from her hand.
- Weapon Transformation: Similar to Yami, Mea can shapeshift any part of her body into weapons such as blades. However, she is capable of creating many differently shaped gun-like machines that shoot laser beams that easily destroy powerful barriers and a micro-black hole.
- Hair Manipulation: Mea can control and move her hair/pony tail (like an actual tail) and uses it for most of her transformation abilities like many different shape guns, a clawed hand or a blade at the end of it. Mea is shown to create bigger machines and a multitude of huge guns and blades. Mea can also extend the reach of hair.
- Psycho Dive: An ability unique to Mea, which she can use to connect herself to another person's mind. By physically touching that person's forehead, she can enter their subconscious to steal information, look through their memories or even enter their dreams and recreate them to whatever she wants. This ability can also be used on machines, like when Mea connected her ponytail through the screen of a laptop. By connecting her ponytail at the back of a person's neck, she can control the movements of that person, and through this, both Mea and said person can share each other's thoughts and feelings, even deep feelings that Mea herself was not aware of. Mea can also connect with more than one person at same time. Sometimes Mea would playfully use this ability on Rito to get in his head and do ecchi things. Nana is the only known person to break free from this ability.
- Body Transformation: Mea can alter the shape and size of her body or parts of it, like making her breasts bigger. Mea can also alter her size to copy the form and appearance of anyone (eg: Tearju), similar to shapeshifting.
- Partial Animal Transformation: Mea has also been shown to use partial animal forms like growing a pair of feathered wings on her back to enable flight. She can also transform her hair into animal ears such as cat ears (Darkness Chapter 36). But it is also shown she can grow a pair of feathered wings with metalic parts on it, Probaly does type of wings can be reffered as her wings specially made for speed (Darkness Chapter 46)
- Vocal Alteration/Imatation: In addition to her shapeshifting abilities, she can also change her voice to sound like anyone she turns into.
- Attire Transmogrification: Mea can change her attire into anything, like from her school uniform into her own all black Gothic style suit similar to what Yami often wears, but smaller and more revealing.
|Character||What they call her||What she calls them|
|Rito Yuuki||Mea||Senpai, Rito-senpai, Yuuki Rito-senpai (initially), Yuuki-senpai (earlier)|
|Golden Darkness||Mea||Yami-oneechan, Yami-san (earlier in public)|
|Nemesis||Mea||Neme-chan, Master (before independence)|
|Nana Astar Deviluke||Mea||Nana-chan|
|Momo Belia Deviluke||Mea-san||Momo-chan|
|Lala Satalin Deviluke||Mea-chan||Lala-senpai|
|Tearju Lunatique||Mea||Tearju, Tearju-sensei|
|Yui Kotegawa||Kurosaki-san||Harenchi-senpai (Shameless-senpai)|
|Kuro||Akage no Mea||Assassin Kuro-san|
Her name Mea (メア) can also read "Mare". Mare is a type of evil spirit in Germanic and Slavic folklore, thought to sit on the chest of a sleeping person and also believed to be the cause of nightmares. This might be the reason why Mea sits on Rito's chest while he's sleeping during the first time they met. Mea also enters his dream with her ability.
Mea's Earthling fake surname "Kurosaki" (黒咲) is an ordinary Japanese surname meaning "dark destination", which is probably a hint to her and Nemesis' former objective to unleash Yami's Darkness transformation, which was defeated by Rito.
- Mea and Momo look similar to Amane Yuka from Kentaro Yabuki's one shot Futagami Double.
- Mea's voice actress, Yuka Iguchi also voiced Chise Umenomori from Mayoi Neko Overrun!.