Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Age||approx. 16 at time of death|
Died 400 years ago
|School||Sainan High School|
|Class||2-A (To Love-Ru Chapters 49~)|
|Education||Currently attending Sainan High School|
|Occupation||-Dr. Mikado's assistant|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 56|
|Anime Debut||Episode 17|
Shizu Murasame (村雨静 Murasame Shizu?), usually addressed as "Oshizu" (お静) the O (お) is an honorific used to refer to women, is the ghost of a girl who died in the old abandoned school building 400 years ago. Since her meeting with Rito and the others, she begins exploring the world outside the old school building. Oshizu is aware of Haruna's crush on Rito by her ability to sense feelings while possessing another person and becomes very supportive towards cheering Haruna into confessing her feelings to him. Her real name is Shizu Murasame, but she likes to be called Oshizu better.
Oshizu has long blue hair and eyes. In her ghost form, she wears a white kimono and purple sash, she also has light colored wisps floating around her, can be slightly see through and instead of legs she has a ghostly tail (though during an OVA episode, her legs could be seen, though comically when Yami accidentally "cut" her ghost tail down). She looks the same in her human body only without any ghost features, and when working at Mikado's clinic, she is seen wearing a pink nurse's uniform. She always wears two beige ribbons in her hair. Her artificial body's measurements are 82-56-81.
Oshizu is sincere, kind, and very curious about the modern world and has a severe case of cynophobia (fear of dogs), likened to Haruna Sairenji's level of fear to the supernatural (who also has a pet dog), the cause of this is unknown. When frightened of other things, she can emit blasts of mental stress, blowing apart various objects and surroundings with her poltergeist power, she occasionally "disconnects" from her body during brief moments of excitement or being frightened by dogs. Oshizu can also be a bit of a blockhead because she easily misinterprets certain situations and can go off topic. Oshizu is quite determined about helping Haruna confess her love for Rito by using her powers. But that usually ends up in a perverted accident.
She is very old-fashioned as seen in OVA 1 and Ch. 102, when she used a Japanese brush to draw Japanese women.
Oshizu comes from an era that was described as a "living hell" due to a lot of people desperately starving from a famine due to a drought. The cause of her death is unknown. It is hinted in the 4koma that she was used as a sacrifice to try to make it rain.
After 400 years, Oshizu "returns" to the living after Ryoko Mikado creates a prosthetic body for her to inhabit, built with biological qualities (looking and feeling like an actual, human body) and has become a recurring character in the series, even attending Sainan high. She currently works as an assistant for Mikado. In the first anime, Oshizu is not given a new body and her presence is limited, while in the OVA and Motto To Love-Ru and so on, she has her own body as she does in the manga.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Ghost Physiology: As a ghost, she is capable of flight, intangibility, psychokinesis, etc. while in her human body most of her ghost powers are limited but she is still able to use abilities such as psychokinesis and poltergeist. However, Mikado said that if Oshizu overuses her powers, her spirit would disappear. Although she technically has good intentional control over her powers, her vulnerability to distractions as well as her panics around dogs make her easily lose control, with disastrous results. Interestingly, when her powers go berserk, they inexplicably cause all kinds of perverted mishaps around Rito, such as stripping the clothes of girls in front of him, or throwing them over each other into a provocative position.
- Flight: A most basic ghost ability, Oshizu is capable of flying. However, she seems only capable of this after detaching herself from her artificial physical body. It is unknown to what height and distance she is able to fly, as she was never seen traveling far from the abandoned school building she was haunting, or from her synthetic body.
- Intangibility: Another basic ghost ability that lets her phase through walls, which she can also only do after detaching from her artificial body.
- Possession: Oshizu is capable of possessing others and control their movements. While she possesses others, she can also enter their subconscious and look through their memories and understand their feelings, especially feelings towards others. This ability is similar to Mea's Psycho-Dive.
- Extrasensory Perception: Oshizu has extrasensory perception, which allows her to sense aura. She was able to sense the aura of another ghost that haunted Zastin's apartment. She was also able to sense the activation of Yami's Darkness Transformation even from a long distance.
- Concentrated Psychokinetic Power: By pointing with her fingers, she is able to move objects with her mind without any physical contact and create poltergeists. She can also use this to control the bodies of other people without possessing them. She can create huge forces of shockwaves that can blast through walls and create force fields strong enough to seal a micro black hole. Although when frightened she loses control over this power for a moment, often leading to perverted results.
- Psycho-Pyrokinesis: She can also use her psychokinesis to control the wisps floating around her (when in ghost form) to target her opponents and set them on fire similar to pyrokinesis. It's unknown if this affects other living things or just other spirits.
- Exorcism: Oshizu is also capable of exorcism, which she has shown by pulling out the spirit that possessed Zastin.
- Additionally, she can force a spirit back into its own body in a brief moment when it just leaves the body. Comically, she did that when the homeroom teacher Honekawa's spirit left his body, miraculously "reviving" him.
Medical Skills: Due to being Mikado's assistant, Oshizu picked up some medical skills to be able to heal others. But she can be quite clumsy and would hurt others instead, especially when frightened.
- She appeared in Mayoi Neko Overrun! as a customer (with Haruna).
- In Mayoi Neko Overrun! Murasame is the name of a family who owns an academy/orphanage, with excellent students and the most excellent would be adopted to the family. It's unknown if this is a connection to Oshizu's name.
- Being over 400 years old she is easily the oldest character of the series.
- Her real name "Shizu" means silent or quiet and the O in front of her real name means small so her name can mean small quiet.
- The word 村 in her name (in Kanji) means village or small town; this may be a reference to her old-fashioned style. Her full name (村雨静) can be literally translated as "Silent Rain in the Village".
- It is unknown if she will age (and eventually die when she becomes old) just like any other human beings when she is in her new artificial body, or it is just her spirit will become feral once again after her "second death".
- In Chapter 153, when Rito inside Peke causes her to malfunction, Peke dresses Oshizu as Enma Ai from Hell Girl.
- This is a reference to the fact Oshizu and Enma share the same seiyuu, Mamiko Noto.